Monday, July 2, 2012

Re-purposed

I enjoy a nice glass of wine...I more frequently enjoy a cheap glass of wine. I didn't drink at all while pregnant and since I'm still breastfeeding I still only partake on occasion. Rather than open a whole bottle of wine for myself I have become quite the fan of the little single serving wines. I also like to buy white wine in these because then I always have some on hand for cooking or for company. As a rule, I only drink red wine because I find white wine too sweet of the health benefits.

I may or may not have continued to buy these wines because I'm a big fan of the little mini wine bottles. 


Come on aren't they cute! 



I now have built up a little collection and I think they make the perfect little vases. I washed them and took the labeling and glue off. Then cut off the little metal band. Then they are ready to go. So simple and so green of me. 

I love these because they work so well for clippings from the garden. I love having fresh flowers and greenery in the home. I usually just meander around the yard and bring in whatever I can find. Today it was rosemary because it is summer in Florida and not a lot else is growing right now.


I love the simplicity of one flower or cutting in an arrangement. It seems so restful to me. Also, it is way easier to "arrange". 

It doesn't get much simpler than that! Oh and practically FREE of course.

5 comments:

  1. I too love those little bottles! Great upcycling idea - so simple, yet they look so good with the rosemary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are cute little bottles. I like to buy these to try a wine first before committing to a whole bottle. I like the idea of using them for clippings. I could see a row of them along a windowsill each with a little bloom. Sweetness. :)

    Stop by when ya get a chance and say hi...found you through the newbie party.

    Hugs, Angie
    Sandals & Daisies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love rosemary...perfect decor for an outdoor party! Rosemary smell keeps mosquitos away :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have never thought to use those mini bottles for anything. This is a great upcycling idea!

    ReplyDelete